2016 Convention: Faith-based Communications: Bridges, Avenues, and Intersections
RCC Convention | Registration | Schedule and Speakers | Sponsorships
See the RCC 2016, New York, NY collection on Flickr for event photos. RCC gives you permission to use these photos.
- Hacking a Better Future for Interfaith Cooperation
- Religion Communicators Council Convention: Faith-based Communications: Bridges, Avenues, and Intersections (2016)
- Religion Communicators Council Handa Fellows mark first gathering at 2016 RCC Convention
- Strategic partnerships key to humanitarian effectiveness
- Fundraising is everyone’s job, RCC leader says in workshop
- Presenter gives tips on writing with a purpose
- The AP, NPR, CNN among winners of RCC’s annual Wilbur Awards
- Diverse group of religion communicators gathered to build bridges, find avenues and discover intersections
- United Nations discovers that faith-based organizations also support sustainable development goals
- Getting a ‘like’ is not enough, workshop leader tells attendees
- Panel explores intersection of faith and creative work
- Election year and beyond: Social and political activism in the city’s black churches
- Presenter introduces digital tools to improve journalists’ storytelling
- Media panelists offer tips for coverage
- Grim says faith is good for the economy, peace is good for business
- RCC members hear updates, re-elect Tom at annual meeting
- RCC awards excellence in religion communication at New York City ceremony
- Navigating multi-religious activism
- Groups pursue interfaith activism for social change on WACC site
- Forbes opens 2016 RCC Convention with a song, some words of praise and a challenge
- 3 news organizations win 2016 Wilbur Award for coverage of pope
- Intersection of faith and global community is focus of RCC 2016 Saturday keynote
- Sieberg, top journalists among leaders of spring Religion Communicators convention
- Religion communicators add more speakers for NYC spring conference
- Impressive cast of presenters to headline spring Religion Communicators convention
- Ecumenical and interfaith leader slated for special Wilbur Award
About the Convention
Join the Religion Communications Council in Manhattan as we build “bridges” among faith groups, find “avenues” to new communications skills and discover “intersections” between faith groups and the world at large. Plenary and workshop topics at different locations throughout the city will include multi-religious activism, Google News Lab and the future of media, finding funding and resources, advanced social media training, and issues of religious freedom. Come be a part of the conversation in one of the world’s most exciting cities!
New York City is a movable feast, a dynamic network of neighborhoods, peoples and faiths.
Our roving convention will allow participants to experience more of this great city and provide a focus as we discuss issues and concepts that relate to the parts of Manhattan where we will meet.
The NYC 2016 Convention will open on the historic upper west side of Manhattan at The Interchurch Center (located at 120th St and 475 Riverside Drive). The area includes historic Riverside Church, Jewish Theological Seminary, Union Theological Seminary, Barnard College, Teachers College, Columbia University, and Grant’s Tomb!
Co-Chairs of RCC 2016 Steering Committee
Linda Bloom, Reporter / Assignment Editor for United Methodist News Service (UMNS)
Ryan Koch, Director, New York Office of Public and International Affairs, LDS Church
RCC is grateful to these sponsors for the 2016 convention.
When: March 30-April 1, 2017
Where: Chicago area
Previous RCC Conventions